Livestock and Heavy Horses
Heavy Horses, Cattle, Sheep, Pigs and Goats.
Cattle, Sheep, Pig and Goat classes will be held in accordance with DEFRA regulations current on Show Day.
The Schedule of classes will be available in May 2013. Hard copies will be mailed to all previous year exhibitors.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE ENTERED IN THE CATALOGUE. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED. CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES – 23 June 2013.
Judges for 2013 will be as follows:
Heavy Horses – Judge – Mr W Alistair King
Inter-breed Beef Group of four Championship - Mr W R Milner
Inter-breed Beef Championship - Mr W R Milner
Hereford – Judge - Mr G Blandford
British Limousin – Judge - Mr I Nimmo
British Blue – Judge - Mr S Pattinson
Longhorn – Judge - Mr B Wragg
Dexter – Judge - Miss A Westwood
Any pure breed beef cattle – Judge - Mr B Smith (Native Breeds)/Mr P Burgess (Continental breeds)
Commercial Beef – Judge - Mr N Slack (**including classes for Local exhibitors and NFYFC members)
Beef Junior Handlers – Judge – Mr N Slack
Holsteins/Dairy Any Other & Commercial and Dairy Young Handlers and
Dairy Interbreed Championship – Judge - Mrs J Hassall
- Interbreed Group of Three Championship - Judge – Mr Ian Jones
- Interbreed championship – Judge – Mr J Hall
- Texel – Judge – Mr P Vaughan
- Suffolk Sheep – Judge - Mr D J Harvey
- British Charollais – Judge - Mr R Gregory
- Beltex – Judge - Mr D Thornley
- British Rouge – Judge - Mr M Foster
- Shropshire – Judge – Mr P Richards
- Lleyn – Judge – Mr D Roper
- British Berrichon – Judge - Mr T Elliott
- Zwartbles – Judge - Mr A Selway
- Clun Forest – Judge - Mr R Reynolds
- Jacob – Judge - Mrs R E Blacknell
- Kerry Hill - Judge - Mr David Brick
- Coloured Ryelands – Judge - Mr P Harter
- Ryeland – Judge – Mr W Laurie
- Non-accredited pure bred sheep (untrimmed) – Judge – Mr R Handley
- Any pure bred (Accredited & Non-Accredited) - Judge - Mr I Jones
- Smallholders Classes (Non-Accredited) – Judge – Mr J Hall
- Cross Bred (Non-Accredited) – Judge - Mr J Hall
- Prime Butchers Lambs – Judge – Mr P J Houldey
- Combined Live/Dead Lamb Carcass Competition
- Live Section – Mr M Perrins
- Carcass Section – Mr D E Griffiths
- Pet Lambs – Mr B Smith & Mrs A Tarry Smith
- Fleece Competition - Judge - British Wool Marketing Board rep.
- The Henry Yates Cereal Sample Classes – Judge – Mr D Dorrell
PIGS - Judge – Mr C Impey
- Traditional Breeds
- Modern Breeds
- Kune Kune – 1 class
Judge – Mrs A Carrier, Albrighton.
Full range of goat classes organised under the rules and regulations of the Shropshire Goat Keepers Society. For schedule of goat classes and further details, please contact Mrs Anne Rhodes on 01952 505694.
SHEARING COMPETITION – Free entry. Entries accepted from 10.30 a.m. on Show day with competition commencing at 11.30 prompt in the Shearing Marquee.
Judges: Messrs L Andrews, E Bufton and N Williams.
Classes for: Young Farmers, Junior and Intermediate.