Livestock and Heavy Horses
Heavy Horses, Cattle, Sheep, Pigs and Goats.
Cattle, Sheep, Pig and Goat classes will be held in accordance with DEFRA regulations current on Show Day.
The Schedule of classes will be available in May 2014. Hard copies will be mailed to all previous year exhibitors.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE ENTERED IN THE CATALOGUE. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED. CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES – 27 June 2014.
Judges for 2014 will be posted as appointed:
Heavy Horses – Judge – C. Malkin, Esq.
Inter-breed Beef Group of four Championship -
Inter-breed Beef Championship -
Hereford – Judge – Mr C McCreath
British Limousin – Judge -
British Blue – Judge -
British Blonde* – Judge – tba. *Re-introduced for 2014. If insufficient entries forward then exhibitors will be offered the option of amalgamating into the Any Other Pure Bred Beef cattle – Continental breed section.
Longhorn – Judge – Lynda Burdett
Dexter – Judge – Felicity Thomson
Any pure breed beef cattle – Judge – Mr A Rogers (Native Breed)
Any pure breed beef cattle – Judge – Mr M Walters (Continental breeds)
Commercial Beef – Judge - (including classes for Local exhibitors and NFYFC members)
Beef Junior Handlers – Judge -
Dairy Section – Judge – Mr J Taylor
- Interbreed Group of Three Championship - Judge -
- Interbreed championship – Judge -
- Texel – Judge -
- Suffolk Sheep – Judge -
- British Charollais – Judge – Mr J Probert
- Beltex – Judge – Mr N Frazier
- British Rouge – Judge – Mr M J Foster
- Shropshire – Judge -
- Lleyn – Judge – Mr R Twose
- British Berrichon – Judge -
- Zwartbles – Judge -
- Blue Texels **NEW for 2014. Judge -
- Clun Forest – Judge – Mr A P Froggatt
- Jacob – Judge -
- Kerry Hill - Judge – Mr J Owens
- Coloured Ryelands – Judge – Mr R Lewis
- Ryeland – Judge – Mr S Donovan
- Non-accredited pure bred sheep (untrimmed) – Judge -
- Any pure bred (Accredited & Non-Accredited) - Judge – Mary Gittins
- Smallholders Classes (Non-Accredited) – Judge -
- Cross Bred (Non-Accredited) – Judge -
- Prime Butchers Lambs – Judge – Mr R Williams
- Combined Live/Dead Lamb Carcass Competition
- Live Section -Mr J Rutter
- Carcass Section – Mr D Griffiths
- Pet Lambs – Miss R Hodgetts & Mrs A Howells
- The Henry Yates Cereal Sample Classes – Judge – Mr A Williamson
PIGS - Judge -
- Traditional Breeds
- Modern Breeds
- Kune Kune
Full range of goat classes organised under the rules and regulations of the Shropshire Goat Keepers Society. For schedule of goat classes and further details, please contact Mrs Anne Rhodes on 01952 505694.
SHEARING COMPETITION -
Classes for: Junior / Intermediate / Veteran.