BURWARTON SHOW – THURSDAY 6 AUGUST 2020
Preparations are well underway for the 2020 Burwarton Show – main ring entertainment has been booked and will see the return of two visitor favourites – Jamie Squibb Freestyle Stunt Team and the Shetland Pony Grand National. Other attractions around the showground will be announced in the coming months.
ATTENTION ALL HORSE COMPETITORS
Following local outbreaks of equine flu and upon advice from Vets, ALL horses will HAVE to be vaccinated within the last 6 months, but not within 7 days of the show date.
ALL PASSPORTS will be checked on entry to the showground. This will also apply to Heavy horse competitors.
Jamie Squibb Freestyle Stunt Team performing breathtaking aerobatics and stunts with three riders for extra excitement.
Other attractions around the showground will include:
The Amerton Arts Studio will return to the Conservation area with their magic wand workshop running all day.
Pentabus Theatre will also be returning and are working on their activities just now.
The Panic Circus will be entertaining youngsters again in the Children’s play area.
Village Green Programme of entertainment throughout the day enjoyed by all ages with: Magic Russ, Punch & Judy, Helen Pearson (Singer) and the Church Stretton Accordion Band.
Further attractions and activities will be added through the year so watch this space.
Children aged 11 years and under admitted to the show free of charge provided they are accompanied by a paying adult.
Our 2019 Show Highlights
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
MORE NEWS TO FOLLOW
As we get more information and more entertainment confirmed we will post it here.
Follow us of Twitter for the latest updates.
Three Shires Cattle Trophy
Collect points at:
- Hanbury Show on Saturday 4 July 2020
- Burwarton Show on Thursday 6 August 2020
- Moreton Show on Saturday 5 September 2020.
Please refer to Livestock exhibitors page for details.
We thank Nimrod Veterinary Products (SELEKT) for generously sponsoring this new prestigious competition.
CHARITABLE GRANT AWARDS 2019:
The Society has awarded charitable grants to:
- Cleobury Mortimer Horticultural Society Children’s Competition 2020 – Grant awarded to cover cost purchasing seeds and growing containers and prizes in support of the 2020 competition.
- Millie Preece selected to represent England for the NFYFC at the Rural Youth Europe Autumn Seminar in Switzerland where members from similar organisations from across Europe gather to discuss rural issues and exchange ideas and opinions over common rural issues. Millie is in her final year at Harper Adams University studying Food and Consumer studies, an active member of the Much Wenlock YFC and also Treasurer of the Burwarton Show YFC Committee. She actively supports the Show and we are delighted to assist with her forthcoming trip to Switzerland.
- Ludlow Young Farmers Club whose members actively support the setting up and stewarding of the Burwarton show.
DOGS: Dogs are allowed on the main show field and in the horse field provided they are kept on a tight leash at all times but NOT in the Members Pavilion or grandstand seating area. Dogs are NOT allowed in the Livestock area at any time. This rule will be strictly regulated.
SHOW OPENING TIMES: 8.00 a.m. – 7.00 p.m.
CASH FACILITIES: Cash facilities available at Post Office adjacent to Gate 2
CARERS POLICY: A carer accompanying a disabled person will be given free entry to the Show.
BABY CHANGING FACILITIES: Available on the showground by the Children’s Play Area.
Training Bursary Scheme
The Society has set aside funds to assist farmers and others in the rural Community towards the costs of meeting the legislative requirements for training in the rural environment. Funding is being offered during 2020 and we encourage interested parties to make an early application whilst funds are available.
Suitable training might include, but is not limited to, Animal Health & Transportation, Animal Welfare, ATVs, Chainsaws, Pesticides, Telescopic Handlers, Trailer Towing and Vermin Control. All applications will be considered on merit.
Applications should be made in writing to:
The Show Manager, The Show Office,
Burwarton, Bridgnorth WV16 6QJ.
One carer will be allowed free entry to the Show when accompanying a qualified full paying disabled person.
Carers will be required to present evidence of supporting documentation when entering the Show. Please bring at least one of the following (printed or scanned copies are acceptable):
- Middle or Higher Rate DLA for care and/or mobility
- Receipt of personal independence payment (PIP)
- Evidence of being severely sight impaired
- Recognised assistance dog ID card.