Charitable Grant Scheme
Charitable Grants have been awarded in 2019 to:
- Cleobury Mortimer Horticultural Society Children’s Competition 2020 – Grant awarded to cover cost purchasing seeds and growing containers and prizes in support of the 2020 competition.
- Millie Preece selected to represent England for the NFYFC at the Rural Youth Europe Autumn Seminar in Switzerland where members from similar organisations from across Europe gather to discuss rural issues and exchange ideas and opinions over common rural issues. Millie is in her final year at Harper Adams University studying Food and Consumer studies, an active member of the Much Wenlock YFC and also Treasurer of the Burwarton Show YFC Committee. She actively supports the Show and we are delighted to assist with her forthcoming trip to Switzerland.
- Ludlow Young Farmers Club whose members actively support the setting up and stewarding of the Burwarton show.
The Burwarton and District Agricultural Society Limited has limited funds available to make grants to assist in the furtherance of any of the following objects of the Society:
- The improvement of livestock, the advancement of breeding and the prevention and eradication of animal diseases.
- The advancement of science and research in connection with agriculture and rural industries.
- The development and improvement of crops and prevention and eradication of plant diseases and pests.
- The development and improvement of agricultural machinery and equipment.
- The holding of demonstrations and lectures on modern agricultural methods and processes.
- The promotion of agricultural education and training.
- The encouragement of Young Farmers Clubs and of activities related to agriculture by other youth organisations.
- The encouragement of rural crafts and industries of interest to the farming community.
- The promotion of co-operation between farmers and other land users with special reference to conservation.
- The promotion of co-operation between rural and urban communities.
Application for grants to assist projects that further any of the above objects should be made in writing to the Secretary of the Society at The Show Office, Burwarton, Bridgnorth, Shropshire WV16 6QJ by 14 February.